The firm’s intellectual property department has wide experience in matters related to copyright, image rights, trademarks, patents, biotechnology, unfair competition, technology transfer agreements, know how, distribution agreements, licensing agreements and franchise issues. The department provides advice and assistance in both the administrative and judicial spheres in relation to breaches of intellectual property rights, such as fraud, piracy and plagiary.
• Trademark registration – research on the feasibility of registration, drafting of registration requests, drafting of petitions, appeals and requests for cancellation of trademarks;
• Patent – research and advice on the feasibility of registration, filing patent requests, drafting of petitions, appeals and requests for cancellation of patents;
• Industrial designs – research of feasibility, request for registration, drafting of petitions, appeals and requests for cancellation;
• Technology Transfer – advice on licensing and assignment of trademarks and patents. Preparation, negotiation, review and registration of technology transfer agreements;
• Franchising – analysis, drafting, negotiation and registering franchising agreements;
• Computer Software programs – registration of computer programmes, drafting, negotiation and approval of licensing agreements;
• Domain name – search, registration, maintenance and renewal of registrations;
• Unfair competition – analysis and preparing reports and legal opinions on unfair competition, legal and administrative measures against unfair competition and abuse of economic power;
• Copyright – analysis of infringements and judicial and extra judicial strategies to exercise such rights, drafting of license agreements for the use of image and sound.
Rodrigo Gomes Maia