The sports law department has extensive experience assisting professional sport clubs, amateur and professional athletes, agents, coaches, sponsors, business partners, associates, teaching institutions, commercial organizations and other members of the sports industry. The department operates throughout Europe and Latin America.
The international sports practice works closely with other departments of the firm to provide legal advice and assistance in the following areas:
• Brazilian and international sports legislation;
• Contracts and international transfers of players and coaches;
• Amateur athletes pursuing a professional career;
• Work permits;
• Labour law and freedom of contract;
• Structuring image rights and related tax aspects;
• Advice in relation to marketing and sponsorship agreements.
Robert E. Williams