The international tax department provides both legal and consultancy services in relation to the tax aspects of cross border transactions, principally as regards inward and outward investment and trade in goods and services. In addition to in-house professional consultants and lawyers based in our regional and international offices we work with a wide network of international correspondents.
We have extensive experience in the following areas:
• Advice on Brazilian transfer pricing issues;
• Preparation of legal opinions on a wide variety of complex taxation issues;
• Structuring inward and outward investment;
• Formulation of legal consultations before foreign tax authorities;
• Tax planning for International financing projects;
• Advice on double tax treaties, principally concerning the flow of royalties, interest and dividends.
• Tax planning for artistic, cultural and sporting projects.
Robert E. Williams