The department is equipped to provide advice and assistance to domestic and foreign shipping companies, investors, port authorities, vessels owners as well as logistic companies operating in the industry.
Our lawyers have significant experience in the latest commercial practices, compliance with legal requirements, insurance risks and financing aspects related to the shipping industry. With offices in major port cities around the world, the firm is particularly well positioned to provide the most efficient legal services to our clients.
• Advice on maritime and customs regulations;
• Representation before the regulatory agencies;
• Formation and registration of shipping companies;
• Preparation of transport and shipping agreements, bills of lading and other related shipping documents;
• Registration of vessels before the regulatory agencies;
• Advice and representation in legal and administrative disputes;
• Assistance in vessel seizure proceedings;
• Advice and assistance in acquisition and financing of vessels;
• Advice on international legal treaties and conventions;
• Representation before the Brazilian regulatory authorities;
• Advice on demurrage;
• Advice on insurance issues, release of seized merchandise and containers, damage to containers etc;
• Advice and assistance to international shipbuilders.
Robert E. Williams